"The experts in this field say that a surf course is much more fun if it´s done with the family”
Zarautz has one of the most emblematic beaches of the Basque coast and on of the longest, with nearly 3 miles. Perhaps for these reasons it is the birthplace of the basque surfing culture and the town of the Gipuzkoa coast where this sport has more roots. Here were born internationally renowned surfers and Zarautz also helds top level championships and has the best infrastructure for the practice of this sport.
Therefore, we have organized a exciting weekend for the whole family full of sport and adventure for you to fall in love with Zarautz:
Start the weekend with our introductory course of 3 hours for all members of the family (held in two days, Saturday and Sunday, lessons of 1hr 30 mins) in which you will receive the main instructions to enjoy the waves.
- Available dates: weekends, Easter and long weekends, all year around except July and August.
- Family groups: minimum 3 and maximum 5 people (minimum 1 and maximum 2 adults)
- Price: 150€ (VAT included) per family of 3 members. 50 € supplements per additional person.
- The offer includes: surfboard, suit, insurance, instructor and facilities.
Essence of the course: we want you to have a good time with your family, learning to surf and without any mishap. And during the activity, you will learn more about….
- Behavior of the sea currents and waves
- How you stand on the surfboard ... and do it with style
- Surf a wave on your own
- How to respect the other surfers, sharing waves
- Interpretation of the waves
- And the most important: practice and enjoy surf with your family!
For more information and reservations:
- Moor Surf Eskola. Tel.: 943 02 08 94
- Pukas Surf Eskola. Tel.: 943 89 06 36
- Zarauzko Surf Elkartea. Tel.: 943 89 02 25
- Zarauzko Surf Eskola. Tel.: 943 01 95 07
Important remark: if you want an instructor who speaks English, it is important to report it during the reservation process.
“LOOKING FOR THE GALTXAGORRIS"
Basque mitology hidden in Zarautz
We propose you a funy familiar treasure hunt game looking for the Galtxagorris
while you discover the main monuments located at the old quarter of Zarautz.
“The Galtxagorris” are some tiny mitological elves who are hidden in Zarautz. These characters are distinguished by their red pants. Because of their strength and their speed, they can work hard and complete the hardest task in just one night.
Mari, the goddess of the Basque mythology, will give you a map with several clues and pictures and will ask you for help to find these elves. Ask people, walk and run from one part to another with your parents, while you overcome different tests and obtain new clues to find another “Galtxagorri”.
Once you get the objective and join the Galtxagorris into the needle case, Mari will give you a little “surprise” for you to remember this wonderful adventure.
- Available dates: July (every Tuesday at 17:00) and August (every Tuesday at 11:00)
- Duration: 2 hours
- Language: Basque and Spanish
- Departure point: Tourist Office of Zarautz. Nafarroa kalea, 3 20800 Zarautz
- Price: 3€ per person – children under 5 free (Kids must go with an adult)
- For further information and reservations:
TOURIST OFFICE OF ZARAUTZ
• Tel.: 943830990